miércoles, 17 de junio de 2009

bienvenidos [welcome]

Welcome to my new blog, where this chelita will chronicle the adventures of transitioning back to her first culture after 3 years in Nicaragua, and beginning later this summer, the wonders (and maybe horrors) of being a grad student in Austin.

I chose the title "Sol y Luna" (Sun and Moon) to signify the many paradoxes that have characterized my life over the last several years and into the present, and which I imagine will continue as I pursue my Masters.

Also, this new URL is a shout-out to a dear friend in la tierra de lagos y volcanes, who nicknamed me Pamela del Carmen last year. I looked up the meaning of "Carmen"--it comes from the Hebrew for "garden" and the Latin for "song". I think it fits me. :-)

More to come soon.

1 comentario:

  1. Ay mi Pame...Con "Sol y Luna" me recordastes la cancion de Katia Cardenal que se llama "Luna"....te la dedico...
    Muak

    ResponderEliminar