viernes, 26 de junio de 2009

this week's playlist

Nicaragua changed a lot about me, not the least of which is my level of physical activity. It started sort of by necessity, not having a car and walking the last mile or so to where my office was located most days. Over time, even though it was SUPER hot, I grew to love that walk. And then last year I was inspired by my roommate to take up jogging.

Even now, 6 months later, I don't know if I can really call it running (I do a 12 minute mile, but my speed slows remarkably over time--this week, for example, I did 2.8 miles in about 45 minutes). Nevertheless, even though it's hard and I feel slow, I keep putting on my shoes and trying. I just don't feel good if I don't get outside and do something active at least 30 minutes a day now.

And now, back here in the States, I have several other friends who are inspiring me to try harder--in the hopes of joining them for a half-marathon in November. We'll see. To keep my motivation up, I've been playing around with my music--and this was my playlist this week:

1-No Hace Falta Un Hombre (Jaci Velasquez)
2-Beautiful Day (U2)
3-El Universo Sobre Mi (Amaral)
4-One Week (Barenaked Ladies)
5-Wheel in the Sky (Journey)
6-Everybody's Changing (Keane)
7-Te Mando Flores (Fonseca)
8-Ella (Bebe)
9-It's My Life (Bon Jovi)
10-Bye Bye (Jo Dee Messina)
11-No Te Pido Flores (Fanny Lu)
12-Dreams (The Cranberries)

1 comentario:

  1. I do 12 minute miles on the treadmill and even slower outside. It's just the way I roll, baby.
    Fun playlist!! I love seeing people's playlists.

    ResponderEliminar